Terms & Conditions
- Please make use of the on-line booking system or alternatively contact us in writing via e-mail.
- All stay over guests will be required to provide positive ID when checking in and a copy of the ID document / passport / birth certificate will be made for record purposes.
- (Please ensure that you have the necessary documents with you on arrival.)
- All guests will be required to sign an indemnity form on arrival.
- Quoted in Rand (ZAR), subject to change and inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) at 15%
- A once off Conservation Levy per person will be added to all confirmed bookings.
- Children 4 – 12 yrs pay ½ price of the adult rate quoted.
- The child rate only applies to children under the age of 12 years when sharing with adults.
- Children under the age of 12 years are permitted on activities at the sole discretion of the Guide.
- No pets are allowed.
- All guests will be required to settle their accounts for extras, telephone calls, beverages, mini bar consumables, laundry, etc. on departure. This can be done by credit card or local currency notes.
- We recommend that all guests have a comprehensive travel insurance to cover injury, medical costs, loss or damage to personal belongings and cancellation.
- Check in time : 14h00 | Check out time : 11h00
Deposits, Settlements & Cancelations
- 50% deposit is required within 7 days to reserve your booking. Balance is due 1 (one) month prior to arrival in order to confirm your booking.
- There will be a non-refundable booking fee of 10% irrespective of the date of the cancellation.
- Additional Deposit Fees will be levied on all cash deposit payments and foreign exchange transfers.
- All cancellations must be sent in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org via electronic mail.
There will be a non-refundable booking fee of 10% irrespective of the date of the cancellation.
- 100% of total if guests cancels 7 days prior to arrival
- 100% of deposit if guests cancels 14 days prior to arrival
- 50% of deposit if guests cancels 21 days prior to arrival
- 25% of deposit if guests cancels 30 days prior to arrival
- 10% of deposit if guests cancels 31+ days prior to arrival
- Dress Code: It is advisable to dress in natural colours to blend in with the surrounding environment. Colours like Khaki, Beige, Brown & Green are usually best to deter mosquitoes and insects. You are not required to dress in smart attire for any meals as it is quite informal.
- Malaria: During certain times of the year malaria (from mosquito bites) may be more prevalent in certain areas and we therefore suggest a mosquito repellent like Peaceful Sleep/Tabard – also available in Town. Alternatively contact your local GP regarding the necessity of malaria prophylaxis.
- Shoes: Remember to pack comfortable shoes for the activities and to walk around the lodge.
- Extras: Remember to pack a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, a flashlight and binoculars.
- Electricity: We run on a 220V alternating current system. It is advisable to bring the necessary converters/adapters should you need to use/charge electronics. We also have international plugs for sale in our Curio Shop if you forgot to pack yours. Periodically electricity load shedding is experienced in South Africa. In these instances a generator is utilised to generate power between the hours of 5 am to 9 pm.
- Photography: Remember to pack camera and/or video camera along with necessary chargers, adapters, memory cards, etc.
- Wi-Fi: The lodge has a hotspot in public areas and around the pool as well as all units.
- Cellphones: Cellular phones work in most of the reserve but reception may be spotty. It is recommended that cellphones are put on silent when on any activity – please refrain from answering calls as it is a gross intrusion.
- Amenities: All our units are stocked with amenities such as soap, shower gel and shampoo. You may, however, wish to bring your favourite toiletries with you.
- Laundry: The lodge offers a laundry service at a nominal additional charge.
- Gratuity Recommendation: Tipping is at your discretion. Should you choose to leave a gratuity for the general lodge staff, you can either have this added to your final account, or make use of the gratuity box placed in Reception – as a guideline we suggest 10% of the total bill. Guests may tip guides individually or alternatively place personalised envelopes into the guide gratuity box, also found in reception.
- DSTV: Limited DSTV available at Main Lodge and Marula Camp in the public areas.
How to reach us
Hoedspruit is easily accessed by major routes. The Reserve is situated approximately 7.4 km out of Hoedspruit on the R40, and then it is another 6 km on a dirt road that is well maintained for use by any type of vehicle, to get to the Main Lodge Reception.
SA Express operates daily flights to and from Johannesburg and Cape Town.
Daily return Kruger Shuttle services between Johannesburg and the greater Hoedspruit area.