- Keep clothing colours as neutral and as light as possible, so you blend in better with the surrounding environment. Khaki, beige, brown and green are generally best, as darker and brighter colours attract unwanted mosquitoes and insects.
- During certain times of the year malaria may be more prevalent in certain areas and we therefore suggest a mosquito repellent like Peaceful Sleep or something similar. Alternatively contact your local GP regarding the necessity of malaria prophylaxis.
- A pair of comfortable walking shoes for bush walks or when off the game drive vehicle.
- Meals are informal, so smart attire is not required.
- Please pack a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, flashlight and binoculars.
- Electricity at Tshukudu is a 220-volt alternating current system. Wall plug units take a round two-prong European plug. It is advisable to bring the necessary converter or adapter from your home country, should you need to charge cameras or laptops. Alternatively, international adaptors are available for purchase in the Curio Shop.
- Remember to pack your camera as well as a video camera, along with all the necessary plugs, chargers and memory cards needed.
- There is a Wi-Fi hotspot in the general public area of the veranda, reception and swimming pool. All units are also equipped with free Wi-Fi.
- Cellular phones work in most areas of South Africa and also in certain areas within the reserve, although it is not permitted to take cellular phones on game drive vehicles as they are considered an intrusion
- All our units are supplied with amenities such as soap, shower gel and shampoo. You may, however, wish to bring your favourite toiletries with you.
- The lodge offers a laundry service at a nominal additional rate.